Friday 5 June 2015

Unit 1 Task 5 D1

Verbal communication
Throughout the year, I have used verbal communication for example when I have asked for feedback on my work or asked how to do a task. This helped me understand tasks in depth. Verbal communication is effective as when spoken to, you remember how to improve and complete work. The only disadvantages of verbal communication are that you could misinterpret something and not remember what they have said which would make it difficult for you to complete a task.

Teaching Broadcasting Demonstration
Within this year I have watched many demonstrations to learn how to complete a task. Having things broadcasted to the class has meant that I have been able to watch how to do a task and having it shown and explained has helped drastically. A disadvantage of this is that if people are talking, then it is hard to follow a demonstration so you can be distracted easily.

Using Blogger
Using Blogger has meant that my work has been marked electronically. This has meant that I haven't had to waste time or paper printing my work out and handing it in. It made marking for my teacher easier also as they could just add a comment or leave feedback after each post. A disadvantage of this is that if the internet didn't work then I wouldn't be able to complete my work and could lead to missing deadlines.

Using Gmail
Using Gmail has helped with communicating with my teachers. When I had to send them evidence of my google calendar I was able to send them a link of my google calendar which was easy and quick. The only disadvantage of Gmail is that people can forget to check their emails and my work could take a long time to get marked.

Publishing Images
Throughout the year I have had to publish many images for my work, especially Unit 1. This has been very convenient and easy to show the tasks which I have completed. A disadvantage of publishing images is that when you zoom into an image they can be pixaleted and not as clear as the original image.

Using PowerPoint
Again I have used PowerPoint throughout the year and I have used PowerPoint a lot in unit 1. I have saved the PowerPoints as JPEGs in order to upload them to my blogger. This has helped organise my work clearly and effectively. A disadvantage of PowerPoint is that it can be quite dull and time consuming.

Using Google Calendar
I only used Google Calendar for Unit 1 to plan out the tasks I needed to learn. I found it effective and quite easy to use. It reminded me when to carry out each task which was helpful. A disadvantage of this is that it is online and if you do not have internet access then you cannot open your calendar which could lead to you missing deadlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment