Friday 5 June 2015

Unit 1, Task 6 M3

There are 3 main types of learning, these are: Auditory, Visual and Kinaesthetic. Within this post I am going to discuss each learning and type and how I have used them throughout the year in IT. Everyone learns in different styles so it depends on how an individual learns to which learning style they use.

Auditory; This is when you listen to something and learn. For example when a teacher explains something to you, you will listen and then be able to carry out a task. Auditory learning is useful because if you read something and do not understand fully, you will be able to understand when someone can explain to you what to do. I find that auditory learning is very useful as it stays in my mind and I can easily remember what to do.

Visual; This is when you associate information with images. Visual learning includes images, diagrams, maps and colours. Throughout the year I have used visual learning to understand each task that I have had to carry out. I find that visual learning can help most people.

Kinaesthetic; This is when you physically learn by doing something. An example of this is watching a video clip/ powerpoint and learning, then carrying out a task by using the information learned from the video clip. By doing this you can see how much information that you have taken in and areas which you need to improve on.

To conclude. I use all three learning styles to learn. I find them all effective and do not have a personal favourite. I think most people learn visually as they can see what is going on and how to carry out a task.

No comments:

Post a Comment